5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 11:26 PM by (Hypnosis)

How To Copy pdf file to word

Level 1
      I would like to save file from pdf to word.How I can do that?Please give me for detail?

Regards

Dean
        • 1. Re: How To Copy pdf file to word
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          You cannot save a pdf file from Reader to Word. You can sometimes copy
          and paste. Acrobat has a more sophisticated filter to convert a pdf
          file, but the quality varies depending upon the content of the pdf file
          and how it was originally created.

Mike
          • 2. Re: How To Copy pdf file to word
            Hi,

I'd also like to see that function. Sometimes people send me PDFs and I haved to rewrite them, but when I copy the text using copy and paste, the formatting totally gets screwed up.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks!
            Bob
            • 3. Re: How To Copy pdf file to word
              MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional
              Get them to send you the original file. Even Exporting from Acrobat is
              not foolproof. PDF was intended originally as a terminus of the
              workflow---an archive of what was, not what it could become.

Mike
              • 4. Re: How To Copy pdf file to word
                I saw something about how to save from a PDF to Word but sorry, I can't remember where. Do a Google search for this: "PDF to word" and use the quotes, or, "Convert PDF to Word". Get creative. Think outside the box.
                There is a software program that does this.

I just copy/paste the content unless the PDF has been secured from that. It works fine for me.
                • 5. Re: How To Copy pdf file to word
                  Level 1
                  Hi Mike, hi Bart,

thanks for the suggestions. Challenge with .doc documents is often that they get displayed differently on different systems, and lots of people just do it in really crappy ways (not using styles, or using them completely wrong).
                  Copying from PDF to word works if there's not much formatting, but in most cases it messes things up from my experience.

I'll be looking for convert from PDF to word stuff. Thanks again,
                  Bob