6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2008 6:36 PM by (expert_user)

internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt

Hi,
      I'm getting this error trying to install Adobe 8.xxx. I tried to install Adobe Reader 7.xxx and I get a new version is installed even though I have uninstalled version 8.xxx.

Any ideas?

Thanks
      Eric
        • 1. Re: internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt
          I am having the exact same problem.

I used to have Adobe 8 Reader, but un-ininstalled it once I purchased the full Adobe Acrobat, because I thought there would be no need for it again.

Now I want it back, just so I can occasionally view my created PDF files in it to check for any problems that subsequent readers of a pdf file I've created reveal any compatability problems.

NOTE:
          When I previously installed the reader, I placed it on a different drive. When I uninstalled it, it remained listed in the 'Add or Remove' window, but with no uninstall button within it's entry.

Now each time I attempt to re-install the Adobe Reader, I get the Error Window that says:
          Internal Error 2753
          Updater.api_NON_OPT

I am going to create a similar post on this issue in the forum, with the only difference being that I will include ifo about my operating system.

If anyone from Adobe Forum Administration reads this topic, you now have at least 2 people staing the same issue, and would really appreciate a constructive response to this issue.

Regards,
          Douglas Duncan
          • 2. Re: internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt
            Hi! Have got a PC from somebody with Adobe pro 8, Photoshop cs3 and others from Adobe installed. Suddenly, opening a PDF made problem. Tried to uninstall Reader 8.1.0. but now comes this error message: "internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt". So I can't neither uninstall nore use Adobe reader. Tried to install Foxit Reader 2.0 (PDF Reader alternative). Of course impossible because you first have to uninstall Adobe reader... If this a strategy of Adobe, it isn't a clever one because it creates negative feelings against this trademark.
            • 3. Re: internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt
              I'm having the same problem also.... you now have several people with the same problem. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
              • 4. Re: internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt
                Level 1
                use the installer that bypasses the download manager.
                • 5. Re: internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt
                  Level 1
                  Expert user-
                  Would you please give us a step by step on how to bypass the download manager when installing the Adobe Reader? I'm not sure how to do that. Thanks so much
                  • 6. Re: internal error 2753 updater.api_non_opt
                    Level 1
                    >Would you please give us a step by step on how to bypass the download manager when installing the Adobe Reader?

It's been posted a few times already. Search is your friend.

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.1.1/enu/AdbeRdr811_en_US.msi