9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2008 10:43 AM by (Tim_D_Scott)

Unable to download Adobe Reader 8

First, removed all previous Reader and Album Starter files using the add/remove programs in the control panel.

Tried downloading both the Reader and Photoshop Album Starter together and then just the Reader. Neither of several attempts completed Adobe Reader downloading.

Got the following error message in GetPlus "Execution of Download Failed. "pase320_en_us.exe"". Hit OK and the downloading continued.

Got the following Windows error message (the box with the big red X) about 90% of the way through the download.

C:\DOCUME~1\DCEE76~1.KIN\LOCALS~1\TEMP\ADOBE READER 8___\SETUP.EXE

Windows cannot access the specified path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

This was the result each time I attempted a download.

Nothing was downloaded to my PC. (Windows XP Pro).

Now I do not have any way to see pdf's or any other function Adobe Reader provides. Hope there is a solution!
        • 1. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Try downloading the full installer from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.1/enu/AdbeRdr810_en_US.exe
          • 2. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
            Level 1
            Thanks for the info. Was able to down load but still unable to view PDF's.

Got the following messages:

"Yellow Triangle with ! inside" Message
            "ADOBE PDF DOCUMENT"
            "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and try again."

Then the Box with OK inside.

Selected the OK and got the following message with the Red box with the X inside:

"C:\Documents and Settings\"My Name"\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R7Z4B5...."

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!
            • 3. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
              I am having difficulty downloading Reader 8.1.1. I am running Vista Premium Home Edition and when I tried 4 times to download I received Error 1935(see forum on Topics Page for 8.0 & 8.1.1). Now I am sitting with no reader since the download conveniently uninstalled my 8.0,

Thanks
              Saundra Ashley
              • 4. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
                Level 1
                Would this work on Vista Home Premium? My error is Error 1935, see forum for my original posting unable to download 8.0 and 8.1.1

Thanks
                Saundra
                • 5. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
                  Tried to install Adobe reader 8 several times and was able to install from the following link:

Try downloading the full installer from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.1/enu/AdbeRdr810_en_US.exe

Once it's installed I'm unable to pass the license agreement page. When I click on the Accept button it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
                  Jnd910
                  • 6. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
                    For Error 1935

Open a command prompt from the start menu as an administrator

Type in:
                    fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

Restart and try again.

I was having multiple issues with my machine, one of them being Error 1935 with Acrobat. The other was that my windows update would not work.

A dell tech had me put this in... both worked after the change.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
                      Try going into add & remove programs tick the SHOW UPDATES box then remove the last 2 security updates for Windows XP and the last security update for Windows Internet Explorer. Then remove Adobe & restart computer only after you have removed all of Adobe. I then went onto Google Pack this will give you some free downloads including Adobe, untick what you don't want and then download. This worked for me as I can now download pdf files fron the internet, I don't know wether it was taking out the updates or using Google pack or a bit of both but it worked. Good Luck
                      • 8. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
                        Level 1
                        You will have to turn off your auto download on your updates for windows or else they will download again and you are back to square one thankfully this time you don't have to remove adobe just the security downloads.
                        • 9. Re: Unable to download Adobe Reader 8
                          Level 1
                          The only download that appears to be the problem is the one for Windows Internet Explorer (KB944533) if you just remove this then restart your comp you can then download PDF files from the internet. Just remember that you must not download this file if you do by error the you must get rid of it again. The other way round this is to use another Internet Explorer device such as Opera problem not all sites recognise Opera so some good & some bad. We use both & when one fails we try the other.