1 2 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 7:45 PM by ITnavGuy

"There was an error opening this document. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is i

Level 1
      "There was an error opening this document. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

I tried different versions, no avail.

I think it has to do with the password somehow, but I do not know. I can copy the files from the web folder to my desktop and they open fine (after entering the password AGAIN), but I can not open them directly form the web folder - it does not ask for the password again, just pops up the error.

Adobe's support really upset me (insert explicative here) by keeping me on the phone for 20 min, collecting all sorts of information about me (not the problem) with some lady who barely spoke English, just to tell me to go to the website. No surprise they need to charge for tech support, customer service is doing everything but "service". I hate companies that do this. I am thinking of using another PDF reader, I have heard good things about them. Check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software

Has anyone ever been able to find a fix? I can not find anything on this site.
        1 2 Previous Next