Have you tried the 8.1.1? It sounds as if you have not bothered
because the web page only mentions F0. This is an example font name,
it could apply to any name.
> The 8.x version catches more errors to be compliant with Adobe specification but Adobe reader must be
>compliant with all documents generated by third party products.
This is not desirable and is quite impossible, as many third party
products are thoroughly broken.
What is very desirable, however, is that a PDF file, once accepted by
any version of Reader, is accepted by all future versions. Isn't that
what this fix is about?
The 8.1.1 update doesn't resolves problems.
I'm agree when you write :
"what is very desirable, however, is that a PDF file, once accepted by
any version of Reader, is accepted by all future versions."
Our PDF documents are accepted by 5.x, 6.x and 7.x versions of Adobe Reader and refused by latest version (8.1.1).
We can't migrate to 8.x version if the bug isn't resolved. Is it possible to publish a patch ?
>The 8.1.1 update doesn't resolves problems.
In that case, I would recommend reporting this to Adobe. As soon as
possible, as even if they accept it as a bug, patches will take many
Same results with 8.1.2 update.
- Have you a public bug tracking tool?
- a roadmap for 8.1.3 with my bug report included.
So, did you follow my advice and report the problem to Adobe? Sounds
as if you didn't.
Yes, i already opened a bug report (before this forum topic ):
January 20, 2008 7:40 AM : bug report
January 22 , Jason Reuer asked me to send a PDF file (with bug).
January 24 : I sent to Jason Reuer a pdf file
February 5 : Adobe Reader 8.1.2 available but same problem with this update.
March 3 : no solution :(
Thx to help me
That sounds in order. It was way too late for a fix for 8.1.2, and
there are only fixes every few months.
Problem still occurs with Reader 9.3.3. Message read: “Cannot extract the embedded font OGCGEA+Calibri-italic. Some characters may not display or print correctly”.
Reinstalling Reader does not help.
Anyone with fresh ideas?
Im having same problem. All previous pdf files I used to be able to view now produce the cannot extract the embedded font error. I am unable to view pdf files. I was using 9.3 then removed it for 8 and still nothing. Windows 7 64bit.
Prior to updating to version 9.3.3 I was able to view documents with Japanese fonts.
After updating, I get the error message when I open some of the same previous documents.
"Cannot extract the embedded font 'ILOKCH+MS-PMincho'. Some characters may not display or print correctly"
It seems it can open some documents which have Japanese fonts but not others.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Japanese font pack and still get the same error message.
I had this issue.
I could view the PDF file locally on my pc in version 9.
I then used an FTP process to copy the PDF file to a UNIX server.
I then opened the file within PeopleSoft and got this error:
cannot extract the embedded font 'AXHKRB+ArialMT-Identity-H'
some characters may not display of print correctly.
I then used a different FTP process with a BINARY option.
I was then able to open the file with no issues.
Just to let you know, for anyone else with this problem. I had this problem occur on a MAC when you tried to do save to PDF in excel. This was all happening at the point of generation of the PDF in my case.
The fix was to delete ALL the microsoft preferences, but perahps only the font cache needed to be deleted.
I deleted the following areas from the local users userprofile on the mac. On windows, I would probably log in as a differnet user to try to see if the problem just exsists for one particular user.
Here are the sections I deleted:
Username/library/preferences/com.microsoft* ( and anyhting with microsoft in it)
I did leave the entourage settings though.
hope it helps someone with a similar issue.
I had similar problem. I just deleted the embedded font. In my Acrobat X, click Save As, Optimized PDF, click Fonts Tab, then unembedd fonts. Older versions of Acrobat work the same way (did a quick search on Google).
In Acrobat 6 for instance: