2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2008 5:44 AM by (Adam_VanDreumel)

Install Reader 8.0 in directory different from C: drive

I don't have enough room on my C: drive and want to install Reader 8.0 on my D: drive, but can't find any way to make that happen. Is there a way?

I've got Windows XP.
        • 1. Re: Install Reader 8.0 in directory different from C: drive
          (Aandi_Inston) Level 1
          It wouldn't help much. The way software is installed these days you
          end up with lots of stuff going to fixed locations on C. The actual
          stuff in Program Files is less than half of it.

Aandi Inston
          • 2. Re: Install Reader 8.0 in directory different from C: drive
            I have the same issue. In the past, you were given the option during installation. Not now. Even if it was the case where lots of stuff still went to C:, it would still be 168MB less than what is put there right now. I guess I'll have to use a competitor's product unless somebody from Adobe has any suggestions.
            -----
            I was in the process of uninstalling Reader while typing the above comment - now it's uninstalled.
            -----
            How frickin' huge is the stuff put on by Reader? Free disk space w/ Reader installed was 334 MB. I just uninstalled Reader and now have 2.38 GB of free space on the C: drive. Uninstalling Reader 8.1.2 is the only change I made and it's given me back over two gigabytes of space. I did not remove or alter any other files. I was not expecting to see that much space returned, or even a tenth of that. Even so, the size would not be an issue if I could install to another drive.