5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2008 6:46 AM by (Jamie_Newton)

Can't install Reader 8.1.2  Microsoft vc80.crt Version Issue?

Hello!

My copy of Adobe reader happily downloaded an upgrade while I was online. When I went to install it there was an error, and the pop-up just said Adobe Reader 8.12 could not be installed. And then the dialog box stated that the install was finished.

In the process of this happening, my old version of Reader has vanished! So I downloaded the installer for 8.1.2 from Adobe and when I try to install it, I get the following message:

"Microsoft vc80.crt, version"8.0.50727.163", type="win32", PublicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",Processor Architecture="x86" Please see help and suppor. . ."

And then the install fails and the system does a revision back to its original state (which would have been nice on the automatic upgrade attempt BTW!).

First of all, it would be FANTASTIC is one could simply Copy/Paste such cryptic error messages, and also it would be nice if they actually told you something useful!

I have done a search on the above message, and all I came up with was a post on a forum that I think may have been in Danish with no answer to the original question.

Any help on this one?