1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2008 9:19 AM by (elbin_teh)

Outlook 2007 PDF preview on Windows Server 2003?

Simple question. Does the new (Reader 8.1) PDF Preview feature for Outlook 2007 work in Windows Server 2003? Or is it only for XP and Vista? The patch notes strongly suggest the latter, but in other places (such as a blog on this site) there are notes explicitly stating that the feature should work in server operating systems.

We happen to be running Citrix (PS4.5) on this server as well, but I'm not convinced that's material: the feature doesn't work running Outlook on the server's own console.

When I attempt to preview a PDF in Outlook 2007, I am told, "This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer: Adobe PDF Preview Handler".

Before I go much farther with troubleshooting this, can anyone confirm firsthand that PDF previewing works in Outlook 2007 on Server 2003?
        • 1. Re: Outlook 2007 PDF preview on Windows Server 2003?
          I was using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.2 and Outlook 2007 on Server 2003 SP2 and the Adobe PDF Preview Handler worked.

Unfortunately, it stopped working after some time and I'm pretty sure I did not make any changes to the system. However, I did try to uninstall, reinstall and update Adobe Acrobat but still, it does not work.

Any ideas why this is happening how to resolve it?

Many thanks.