1 2 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2008 9:34 AM by (Lee_Proud)

can not print from Adobe Reader 8.1.1

I have a Dell Dim 8400 PC with Windows XP Media Edition and a HP 7210xi Officejet printer, but I am unable to print anything from the Adobe Reader 8.1.1 as of last week. It indicates 'Unable to start print job. Is printer available?' any time I try to print from 8.1.1.
      Everything else prints normal.
      I have tried to upgrade to 8.1.2 several times, but it fails as it tries to remove my current reader version. It gets to 92% installation everytime and can't remove my 8.1.1 version and Error 1714 comes up saying 'The older version of Adobe Reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.'
      When I go to control panel>add or remove programs, 8.1.1 shows up on my list, and when I attempt to delete it, I get the message 'This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.'
      Does anyone know how to get this straightened out so I can print adobe files again?
      Thank you!
        1 2 Previous Next