This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
I have now resolved this problem. I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and Windows Defender. Now my computer starts normally again. Must have been some kind of software conflict.
I have uninstalled Adobe Reader 7, installed Adobe Reader 8.1.2, uninstalled Adobe Reader 8.1.2, installed Adobe Reader 8.1.2, uninstalled Adobe Reader 8.1.2, installed Adobe Reader 8.1.2 and still get the same error message when I run Norton WinDoctor."C:\ProgramFile\Adobe\Reader8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "msvcp80.dll". Norton shows this as an error 124 times. What do I need to do to fix this? Help please.
MSVCP80.dll error when I first installed the Adobe 8.1.2. After deleting and re-installing Adobe 8.1.2 10 times, I still get the error. Someone mentioned installing Reg Cure, so after paying for that, I still get the message. I really need to have this fixed so that I can receive and read pdf files!!!!!!!
I contacted MS and they provided a zip file of new MSVCP80.dll and instructions on installing onto my computer. I can send you zip file via email, if you provide your address.
Note from MS as follows:
"Based on this situation, I suggest we try to replace the MSVCP80.dll file to test the issue. Please refer to the following steps to check the issue.
Show file extensions and hidden folders
Please perform the following steps to display file extensions and hidden files:
1. Open "My Computer", and click "Tools"->"Folder Options" and click the "View" tab.
2. Remove the check mark from "Hide extensions for known file types".
3. Under "Hidden files and folders", click "Show hidden files and folders".
4. To display other hidden files, clear the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" check box and click "OK".
Rename the file C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700\MSV CP80.dll
1. Click start, click Run, copy and paste C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700 into the box and click OK to locate the file C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700\MSV CP80.dll.
If the folder cannot be opened using this method, please locate the file according to the path of the folder.
2. Right click on the file MSVCP80.dll and choose rename to rename it to MSVCP80.old.
Replace the MSVCP80.dll
1. Please save the attachment MSVCP80.zip of this email to Desktop.
2. Extract the MSVCP80.zip file.
3. Please locate the folder C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.
4. Copy the extracted MSVCP80.dll file and then paste it to the folder
After that, please restart the computer and then open the programs such as McAfee or Quicken to check if the same error message appears again."
Rich, please email me the ZIP file.
my address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I would appreciate a copy of the file.
email is email@example.com