2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2008 4:29 PM by (SandyNV)

Error Message - Adobe has encountered an error and must close.

I keep getting this message anytime I try to print a pdf file. I am running Windows XP and have downloaded Adobe 8.1.2. The strang thing is that on another user on this same computer, the Adobe works perfectly. What do I have to do to get it to work on my user name??????
        • 1. Re: Error Message - Adobe has encountered an error and must close.
          I cannot open,read,print an Adobe formatted text. I get the
          "Error Message-Adobe has encountered an error and must close" I have been able in the past to work with Adobe and this just occured I think on 2-24-08. What can I do???
          • 2. Re: Error Message - Adobe has encountered an error and must close.
            I have un-installed and re-installed Adobe Reader 8.1.2 a number of times and each time I try to open a document I am told by Microsoft that there is a problem and it needs to shut down. At that point the entire screen freezes and becomes unresponsive. At this point I am unable to read any pdf's I receive or try to print. It even told me to go to my Intnernet Explorer/Manage Add-ons and enable my add-ons, so I did and they were alread enabled?! Version 8.1.1 WAS working just fine!! SO VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Trying to print IRS documents and can't do it! ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??? Classic case of, FIX IT UNTIL ITS BROKE!! Thanks!! Sandy