2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 1:12 PM by (Eileen_Haden)

Can't Decipher Language on Parts of Document

I'm frequently opening an Adobe Reader publication that only parts of it are readable language (ie: titles). The rest of it, or more than 50% is a strange looking language (Arabic mixed with Hebrew, mixed with Chinese) and lots of spaces. I've had this problem for a while and updates haven't helped. I have to request help for classes to get someone to send it to me in a Word.doc.
        • 1. Re: Can't Decipher Language on Parts of Document
          Level 1
          I'm frequently opening an Adobe Reader publication that only parts of it are readable language (ie: titles). The rest of it, or more than 50% is a strange looking language (Arabic mixed with Hebrew, mixed with Chinese) and lots of spaces. I've had this problem for a while and updates haven't helped. I have to request help for classes to get someone to send it to me in a Word.doc.
          • 2. Re: Can't Decipher Language on Parts of Document
            I have the same problem. If I right-click on the document sometimes I have the option to open the document with Adobe Reader 8 and the document opens without weird characters. If I simply click on open the document opens with the weird characters. Perhaps there is some way to make Adobe 8 Reader the default PDF opener so that when you click Open it will only open properly. Do you know how to make Adobe 8 the default for PDF documents?