3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2008 3:42 AM by (John_S_Page)

Adobe reader 8.1.2

Downloaded latest reader...now my computer colors and graphics are all screwed up when I try to read a PDF doument. Get messagethat says returned to Vista basic.....program your are running doesn't support windows aero.As soon as I get out of reader 8 everything returns to normal....What's up with that???

Someone please tell me how to fix this....and/or return to previous version of reader....Thanks
        • 1. Re: Adobe reader 8.1.2
          Richard,
          Join the crowd. I have Windows XP,SP2 and am still running Internet Explorer; however, I am having all kinds of problems since attempting to dowmload reader 8.1.2. Receiving patch errors, can't uninstall, can't reinstall can't go back to an earlier version. Tried restore, using Windows Installer Clean-up Utility,etc. Our corporate IT guy worked on my computer for 1 1/2 hours. Corporate sent down a note saying Adobe had "NO CURE" at this time. Does anybody out there have a solution? I am totally frustrated, behind in my work and losing dollars daily!
          • 2. Re: Adobe reader 8.1.2
            pwillener Level 8
            > Receiving patch errors, can't uninstall, can't reinstall can't go back to an earlier version.

This is totally unrelated to the original post. The solution for your problem is posted almost daily in this forum; no need to hijack unrelated posts.
            • 3. Re: Adobe reader 8.1.2
              HI, Have XP SP2, auto update to 8.1.2 failed and rollback uninstalled Reader 8.0 altogether. Tried re-install but failed because of registry key problems (I am sole user/administrator account). These appear to be all related to IE plug-in. Used ignore to step past key access issues and now have a Reader 8.1.2 but no IE support.
              [Keys are all software\classes, and either refer to AcroIEHelper or include character string 0DCD94E25B48 or 74B7D6BE0B3]