0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2008 9:57 AM by (J_Stoken)

Error when rendering a PDF in to an iframe using Active Reports

I have an application that I've been rendering a PDF, using Active Reports 1.1, in to an iframe for about two years. Microsoft recently released a cumulative security patch 944533 and after that release there is an error only when trying to render the PDF in to the iframe. The error I get is "File does not begin with '%PDF-'". A blank adobe reader window comes up with a grey background and then the pop up message that states "File does not begin with '%PDF-'". Using Active Reports to send a PDF to a browser works fine it is only an issue with rendering in to an iframe.

We are using XP Pro for the operating system, 1.1 of Active Reports and it is not an option to upgrade at this time, the newest Adobe which is 8.1.2. We have resolved the problem by uninstalling the patch but that is not a valid long term fix, only a temporary fix.

Things we tried...We made sure the mime address was correct applicaton/pdf. We uninstalled adobe and reinstalled. We know it is an issue in both IE 6 and IE7 and in Netscape.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix out there from Microsoft, Data Dynamics, Adobe?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.