3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2008 7:35 AM by Nemuri13

Adobe Reader 8.1.2 "Program Not Responding"

Since upgrading to Adobe Reader 8.1.2 I have not been able to navigate or print PDF documents. The PDF document opens. However, once you click on something, whether it's in the body of the document or on the tool bar, the cursor freezes; sometimes it causes the cursor to highlight the document. I have to use the Task Manager to end the task. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times. I checked the update, but the most recent update is for language.I have very important forms to fill out which were created as PDF documents. So, it's urgent that I get feedback. I would appreciate suggestions to fix the problem. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1.2 "Program Not Responding"
          I've met the same problem since the last week
          Reader start downloading and opening documents in MsExplorer window but when in reaches about 1 mb it freeze and there in no way to view the whole document.
          I tested the problem on many pc and i've always met the problem.
          May it be a problem with some Ms updates released on the last week?
          • 2. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1.2 "Program Not Responding"
            I have installed Adobe Reader 8.1 twice and when I try to open it or click on a link that would initially appear as a PDF I get the following error message:

"Adobe Reader 8.1 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

And it never opens up.

Connie
            Jihog2@yahoo.com
            • 3. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1.2 "Program Not Responding"
              Nemuri13 Level 1
              Connie if you have never been offered the change to accept the License Agreement then most likely that is the reason for the error. In order to get around this you can try running the script at this web address: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc424c7/91 it is post #92. You can also create a new user in the Administrators group and try launching the Reader under that account. Once you accept the license agreement you should be able to log back into your old account and use the Reader with out the error as well. Good Luck!