6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2008 7:39 AM by (Sandy_Coulter)

Problem opening Adobe Reader either 7 or 8

I recently tried to open two PDF files on CD's containing North Carolina records. I finally got these to read in 7. However, since them, both my laptop and desktop computers have had problems reading PDF files in either version of the Reader. I get AcroRd32.exe - Bad Image messages saying that DLL C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation disk. Then another message: Fata Error - Acorbat failed to load its core DLL.

In the case of Adobe Reader 8.0, it is the same message, but referenct to Acrobat 8.0.

I have had problems with Reader version 8.0 on my desktop because it seems to be taking up too much memory for my 512MB limit. On the laptop, however, there is 1GB of memory. I purposely did not load 8.0 on it so was still using 7.0 when all of this happened.

I wanted to download 7.0 and replace 8.0 on the desktop, but cannot find a copy to download. Nor can I find the copy I though I had saved.

Can someone please advise what is happening? I suspect the two CD's did the damage. Security scans did not find anything.

Sandy