8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 11:42 PM by pwillener

multiple pages

i have many pdfs i want to put in one file to print
      how do i add multiple pages to my pdf file
      im trying to make a book and i can only get one page on it at a time
      thanks so much
        • 1. Re: multiple pages
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          That requires Acrobat, not the free Reader.
          • 2. Re: multiple pages
            Good_I_Snipr

That told me absolutely nothing.

I also have this problem, I'm glad I was able to find someone else who'd already asked it, but I was extremely disappointed that someone would reply with such a narrow answer / "solution".

How does one acquire Acrobat? Do you mean the free one that I just spent 5 hours downloading (on dialup) and then another 2 hours trying to upload the one file that I want as my first page (of 70) only to have someone call my house and disconnect me from the internet? Or is there another way to get all my files onto one window of Reader (using said Acrobat) without using the internet?

PLEASE ELABORATE! Thank you.

• 3. Re: multiple pages

Good_I_Snipr wrote:

That told me absolutely nothing.

Then you weren't paying attention. Adobe Reader (the free version that you evidently have) can't do this. It requires Adobe Acrobat. You're on the site that manufactures it and sells it but you can't find it?

Good_I_Snipr wrote:

Do you mean the free one that I just spent 5 hours downloading (on dialup) and then another 2 hours trying to upload the one file that I want as my first page (of 70) only to have someone call my house and disconnect me from the internet?

No. Not that one. Again, Acrobat is not free.

Or is there another way to get all my files onto one window of Reader (using said Acrobat) without using the internet?

Sure. You can purchase Adobe Acrobat from this site for $499 and have them send you the CD.

In case you can't find it: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/

• 4. Re: multiple pages
                Good_I_Snipr Level 1

I didn't download the reader today... I've had that for years.

I went thru the help in reader and found that it says that I can create pdf's (i'm hoping that means having multiple pages on one window) by downloading and signing up online. I downloaded "Acrobat_com", it's sitting here on my desktop. But I can't figure out how to get my multiple pages on one window of reader, and the help sections have provided me with no solutions as of yet. I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to have a short walkthrough of what I need to do. Otherwise, I'm just gonna scrap it all and be rid of this headache.

I don't see why adobe couldn't let us drag and drop multiple .pdf files into one window to make multiple pages. So far, it looks like they want me to upload to their site so they can see what everyone is making with their software. If that be the case (if I can't make it without being online) then it's not worth it cuz dialup is driving me insane with this, i'm ready to heave it all out the window.

Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: multiple pages
                  pwillener Level 8

You resurrected a 2-year old topic in the Adobe Reader forum, when your question is actually about Acrobat.com (without bothering to tell us).  Please ask in the appropriate forum if you have a question (or complaint).

• 6. Re: multiple pages

pwillener wrote:

You resurrected a 2-year old topic in the Adobe Reader forum, when your question is actually about Acrobat.com (without bothering to tell us).  Please ask in the appropriate forum if you have a question (or complaint).

Exactly. Acrobat.com is an online service and is not Adobe Reader OR Adobe Acrobat.

• 7. Re: multiple pages
                      missmatrix007

I believe you should be able to copy your documents into Word, but Save As .pdf file  Then you can reopen it in your Reader

• 8. Re: multiple pages
                        pwillener Level 8

This topic is 6 years old!  Now locked.