1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 7:56 AM by Nemuri13

Error: "There is a problem With Adobe Acrobat/Reader..." What is .MST file??

I get the following error message and I looked it up in the knowledge base, and there was a solution for fixing the error message. However, I have no idea what they are talking about. I have downloaded the Customization Wizard, but I have no clue what the following means:

A) Create a new transform
      B) Open your previously created .mst file

I went into the C Drive and opened Program Files. I found the Adobe folder, but I couldn't find an .mst file anywhere. Am I completely lost??? Below is the knowledge base solution:

Error: "There is a problem With Adobe Acrobat/Reader..." when you view a PDF in a browser (Acrobat and Adobe Reader 8 on Windows)
      Issue
      When you try to view a PDF in Internet Explorer, you see the error message, "There is a problem With Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and try again." When you click OK to the error, the PDF opens outside of the browser.

Reason
      When you use the Adobe Customization Wizard to create a transform for Adobe Acrobat 8 or Adobe Reader 8, and you choose the option to "Make Acrobat the default viewer if both Acrobat and Reader are installed", or "Make Reader the default viewer if both Acrobat and Reader are installed", an error occurs if the computer does not have Acrobat or Reader already installed.

Solution
      Create a new transform and re-deploy Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
      Start the Adobe Customization Wizard 8.
      Open your previously created .mst file.
      Under Installation Options, select "Installer will decide which product will be the default".
      Save the transform.
      Re-deploy Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

Additional Information
      When you create a transform in Adobe Customization Wizard 8, the installation options allow you to set the default viewer for PDF files. "Installer will decide which product will be the default" is the default setting and should be used when you are uncertain if the target machine has a version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader that won't be removed as part of the installation process. When installed silently using this option, Acrobat will always be configured as the default viewer.