5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2008 10:43 PM by (santosh_jha)

Adobe Reader 8.1 - Acess Denied

Everytime i want to open an pdf file from the web i receive this message " Error opening document. Access denied".
      If i open one file thats stored on disk it opens ok. From the web it doesn´t open..it shows that error message.
      Can someone help me?
        • 1. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1 - Acess Denied
          I am having the same problem. I can't open any attachments from emails. How do I fix this?
          • 2. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1 - Acess Denied
            I have PDF files on the web and have been able to open standard PDF and 3D PDF files within a web site for months with no problem.
            Until yesterday.

While working a message showed up telling me to update Adobe Reader.
            So I did. Now I have Reader 8.1.2

Now when accesing a PDF I get the following message:
            _____________________________________________________________________
            "Cannot use Adobe Reader to view PDF in your Web browser. Reader will now exit. Please exit your browser and try again."
            _____________________________________________________________________

What is the answer to this?
            Install an earlier version?

Thanks.
            Erich
            • 3. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1 - Acess Denied
              I am having the same issue with several computers. I have installed earlier versions and still had the same problem. I also can not pull up a PDF from a web link. It pulls up a blank page, then I can F5 or refresh and it will pull up the document. If the document tries to down load in the web browser in get access denied. If anyone hears of a solution please let me know.
              • 4. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1 - Acess Denied
                Level 1
                I took out 8.1.2, cleaned up the registry, and re-started.
                I had on my USB back-up disk 7.0.7 so I installed it and I was back in business.
                http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3312
                Now my problem is that I keep getting this pop-up messages from Adobe to tell me that version 8.1.2 is available.
                • 5. Re: Adobe Reader 8.1 - Acess Denied
                  Hi <br />I have asp.net web application with C# .In that iHave used the <Object tag and clid to open the adobe reader in gridview .but it gives to problem<br /><br />1. It doesnot takes path fro server(some files are stored on server)<br />2.If i give local system file path .it gives ACCESS DENIED error<br /><br />thanks