ME Window system
Home PC: 7.83 GBs capacity: 3.90 GBs used; 3.92 GBs free
Adobe Reader 6.0 was opening up files and transfering files on drives until the 6.0.1 update download 5 days ago corrupted the Reader.
1. The following screen opens when attempting to both open a pdf file and to remove the 6.0.1 [to download anew]:
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."
2. When attempting to install 6.0.1 again this a m, a repetion of a 2nd screen seen before showed up:
"error 1408 - Could not get subkey names for key installer/products/
I found no:
1. support/knowledgebase for error 1408
2. Adobe telephone support available
3. mention of my topic on the forum screen
Need solution fast. Work has come to a standstill.
Sorry, we can't necessarily fix things urgently, but we can try and
Never seen this before, but according to
http://www.appdeploy.com/msierrors/detail.asp?id=108, error 1408 means
what it says, and should include a system error code. If you see a
system error code, we could look that up and maybe get closer.
You say you get "This file does not have a program associated with it
for performing this action." when trying to REMOVE 6.0.1? Please
indicate step by step how you get to the point of this error when
trying to remove.
I've done a little more research. HP have a page for error 1408,
The news is not good. I quote "This error is the result of a
corruption in the registry. This corruption can be the result of the
Klez virus ..."