2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2008 2:51 PM by (Istvan_Kassai)

Problem converting PDF to text

I have the latest version of adobe on an xp and I am converting pdf files to text files. I get the first couple of files completed fine, the download really fast, like 300 pages in less than 30 secounds. Then the it starts to lock up. It takes forever to download a document that is 30 pages. Anyone know what is going on?

I have tried this on both of my computers and the same thing happens. These are ebooks in pdf that I am converting to text files because the font is to small to be viewed on the sony 505 using pdf even enlarged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Problem converting PDF to text
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >I am converting to text files because the font is to small to be viewed on the sony 505 using pdf even enlarged

That doesn't make sense. Especially since you can easily enlarge up to 6,500%. One font could fill the screen.

Also, what do you mean by downloading? If you are converting a PDF to text, where does downloading anything come in to play?

And, Adobe what? You are talking about Reader correct? Adobe is a company with many applications.
          • 2. Re: Problem converting PDF to text
            I have a problem with saving PDF to txt: My Free Reader 8.1.2. doesn't
            accept Eastern Europaen accentuated letters, it transforms all of them
            to , ii &c. Have I really scan newly the whole material, or could you
            give me an advice sparing me this overwork?
            Many thanks in advance.
            Your Istvan from hungary