2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2008 1:02 PM by (Anne_Flathe)

Internet Crash upon .pdf download attempt

OK. Stupid in allowing access to another. Not in the least sure that's the problem. BUT, IMMEDIATELY thereafter, I can't view or download .pdf files. Furthermore, IE shuts down completely, attributing it to Adobe/Acrobat. PLEASE!!
        • 1. Re: Internet Crash upon .pdf download attempt
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Mabe you can give us enough info to help.

What version of Adobe Reader are you using? What browser and version? What OS and version? Does it happen at one site or all sites? Do you get an error (it sounds like you do)? What is the "exact" error message?
          • 2. Re: Internet Crash upon .pdf download attempt
            Mackinmoney

Have Money Mailed 2 U
            FASTEST WAY TO MAKE BIG BUCKS $$ A while back, I was browsing these
            newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar to
            this that said you could make thousands of CASH within weeks with only
            an initial investment of $6.00 plus stamps! So I thought, "Yeah, right,
            this must be a scam!" But like most of us I was curious and kept
            reading. It said that if you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and
            addresses listed in the article, you could make thousands in a very
            short period of time. You then place your own name and address at the
            bottom of the list at #6, and post the article to at least 300
            newsgroups. (There are about 32,000 of them out there and that`s quite a
            large market pool). No catch, that was it. Even though the investment
            was a measly $6, I had three questions that needed to be answered before
            I could get involved in this sort of thing. 1. IS THIS REALLY LEGAL? I
            called a lawyer first. The lawyer was a little sceptical that I would
            actually make any CASH but he said it WAS LEGAL if I wanted to try it. I
            told him it sounded a lot like a chain letter but the details of the
            system (SEE BELOW) actually made it a legitimate legal business. 2. IS
            OK WITH THE POST OFFICE OR IS IT MAIL FRAUD? I called them: 1-800-725-
            2161 and they confirmed THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! (See 18, h
            sections1302 NS 1341 of Postal Lottery Laws). This clarifies the program
            of collecting names and addresses for a mailing list. 3. IS IT RIGHT?
            Well, everyone who sends me a buck has a good chance of getting A LOT of
            CASH ... a much better chance than buying a lottery ticket!!! So, having
            these questions answered, I invested EXACTLY $7.98... six $1.00 bills
            and six 33 cent postage stamps ... and boy am I glad I did!!! Within 7
            days, I started getting CASH in the mail! I was shocked! I figured it
            would end soon and didn`t give it another thought. But the CASH
            continued coming in. In my first week I made between $20 to $30. By the
            end of the second week I had a made a total of $1,000.00. In the third
            week I had over $10,000.00 and it was still growing. This is now my
            fourth week and I have made a total of just over $42,000 and it`s still
            coming in ..... It`s certainly worth $6.00 and 6 stamps !!! Also, make
            sure you print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get the
            information off of it as you need it. I promise you that if you follow
            the directions exactly, that you will start making more CASH than you
            thought possible by doing something so easy! Suggestion: Read this
            entire message carefully! (print it out or download it.) Follow the
            simple directions and watch the CASH come in! It`s easy. It`s legal.
            And, your investment is only $6.00 (Plus postage) IMPORTANT: This is not
            a rip-off; it is not indecent; it is not illegal; and it is virtually no
            risk - it really works!!!! If all of the following instructions are
            adhered to, you will receive extraordinary dividends. PLEASE NOTE:
            Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be yours
            in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful because of the honesty
            and integrity of the participants. Please continue its success by
            carefully adhering to the instructions. You will now become part of the
            Mail Order business. In this business your product is not solid and
            tangible, it`s a service. You are in the business of developing Mailing
            Lists. Many large corporations are happy to pay big bucks for quality
            lists. However, the CASH made from the mailing lists is secondary to the
            income which is made from people like you and me asking to be included
            in that list. Here are the 4 easy steps to success: STEP 1: Get 6
            separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper
            "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place
            ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen
            through the envelope (to prevent thievery). Place one paper in each of
            the 6 envelopes and seal them. You should now have 6 sealed envelopes,
            each with a piece of paper stating the above phrase, your name and
            address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service.
            THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! You are requesting a legitimate service and
            you are paying for it! Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a
            little worried about the legal aspects of it all. So I checked it out
            with the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is
            indeed legal! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:
            Warwick, R.I. 02886
            1.) D. Gruenbacher
            P.O. Box 96
            Colwich, Ks. 67030
            2.) Christopher Karim
            5680 Royal Wood
            West Bloomfield, MI 48322
            3.) Joshua Baker
            216 Berwyn Dr. W Apt. 76
            Mobile, AL 36608
            4) Tyson Winneker
            572 E. Foothill Blvd. Apt. 21
            San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
            5.) Bryan Black
            579 McKinley Terrace
            Centerport, NY 11721
            6.) Anne Flathe
            P.O. Box 294
            Redan, GA 30074
            STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the
            other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR Name as
            number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to
            keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your
            amended article to at least 300 newsgroups. (I think there are close to
            32,000 groups) All you need is 300, but remember, the more you post, the
            more CASH you make! This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts,
            refer to 18 Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws. Keep a copy of
            these steps for yourself and, whenever you need CASH, you can use it
            again, and again. PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful
            because of the honesty and integrity of the participants and by their
            carefully adhering to the directions. Look at it this way. If you are a
            person of integrity, the program will continue and the CASH that so many
            others have received will come your way. NOTE: You may want to retain
            every name and address sent to you, either on a computer or hard copy
            and keep the notes people send you. This VERIFIES that you are truly
            providing a service. (Also, it might be a good idea to wrap the $1 bill
            in dark paper to reduce the risk of mail theft.) So, as each post is
            downloaded and the directions carefully followed, six members will be
            reimbursed for their participation as a List Developer with one dollar
            each. Your name will move up the list geometrically so that when your
            name reaches the #1 position you will be receiving thousands of CASH in
            CASH!!! What an opportunity for only $6.00 ($1.00 for each of the first
            six people listed above) Send it now, add your own name to the list and
            you`re in business! ---DIRECTIONS ----- FOR HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS
            Step 1) You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own
            posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag
            your cursor to the bottom of this letter, and select `copy` from the
            edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the computer`s memory.
            Step 2) Open a blank `notepad` file and place your cursor at the top of
            the blank page. From the `edit` menu select `paste`. This will paste a
            copy of the letter into notepad so that you can add your name to the
            list. Step 3) Save your new notepad file as a .txt file. If you want to
            do your postings in different settings, you`ll always have this file to
            go back to. Step 4) Use Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching
            for various newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites,
            discussions.) Step 5) Visit these message boards and post this article
            as a new message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting
            paste from the edit menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header
            that everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings in a
            particular group, click the post message button. You`re done with your
            first one! Congratulations...THAT`S IT! All you have to do is jump to
            different newsg