2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2011 11:26 AM by rennervision

Strange purple color coat when viewing colored pdf picture.... how to remove?

Hi.

I do not have this problem when I was using XP. Recently I installed VISTA and needed to reinstall Adobe Reader.

The problem occur when I view colored pdf files, it seems as those there are a light purple coat applied on the picture, much those the color management setting in Photoshop. This does not occur on the black and white pages in the same pdf file....

How do I remove this in the Reader? it is driving me crazy.
        • 1. Re: Strange purple color coat when viewing colored pdf picture.... how to remove?
          Level 1
          Doe no one know what I'm talking about? Please help.
          • 2. Re: Strange purple color coat when viewing colored pdf picture.... how to remove?
            rennervision

I've had this problem for years as well.  I occasionally check back on your post to see if anyone ever responds, but finally I may have a solution.

For me, I've been experiencing this with all Adobe products, including every version of Adobe Reader from 4 to 10.  However, the problem did not occur with alternative pdf readers.  Then it occurred to me the problem could be related somehow to how Adobe interacts with my monitor.  So I checked Device Manager and saw my monitor listed as a device.

I uninstalled the driver and rebooted.  For some reason, I had to uninstall it and reboot multiple times before it finally changed from a Viewsonic to a "Plug & Play Monitor," and then after another uninstall/reboot, finally a "Default Monitor."  Once it showed up as that, the weird color tint problem with Adobe was at last gone.

So I recommend just using the default monitor drivers that are included in your OS.  (Have no idea why you would need any others anyways.)  Hopefully this helps someone out there with the same trouble.