This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Thanks for reply.
I was able to use the installer file names from that post to guess the file name for 8.1 (AdbeRdr810_en_US.msi) and Google then found it for me.
When I tried to download the update for Adobe reader 8.1, I got a message saying it could not complete the installation because it could not remove the old version. I tried to remove the old version through add remove programs and got a patch package message. Now I can't use Adobe reader at all. I can't print or download although I do seem to be able to view files. I need some help.
1. Open Browser and Type in "WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY"-CLICK
2. When results appear-LOOK for "support,Microsoft.com-DESCRIPTION OF WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY"----CLICK
3. When page opens, scroll down to "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Package Now-----CLICK
(You can read instructions or not)
4. When "File Download-Security Warning" box appears---CLICK "RUN"
5. After download completes-Open "PROGRAMS" on your computer and look for "WINDOWS INSTALL CLEANUP"----CLICK to open
6. When "box" opens-look for 8.1.1 or any Adobe Reader--CLICK (HIGHLIGHT)
CAUTION-----DO NOT HIGHLIGHT ANY OTHER PROGRAM--------CAUTION
7. At bottom of "box" CLICK "REMOVE"
8. Go Back to "CONTROL PANEL"-"ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"--Adobe reader should have been removed
9. Now download Adobe Reader 8.1.2 from Adobe Web-site