1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2008 12:32 PM by (Aandi_Inston)

Printing Text Boxes

>I received a PDF document that contains the basic document plus stamps, text boxes and comments. They all appear on the screen but I can't get the text boxes to print out on the hard copy (which our lawyers insist on).
      >
      >I've tried using the print settings for "Document", "Document and Markups" and "Document and Stamps" (these are the only three choices I have here).
      >
      >I've also tried "Print as image" under "Advanced", with no luck.
      >
      >When I use "Print to file", I don't know where the file goes (and I've searched my hard drive and network drives for what I named that file).
      >
      >I've tried saving a copy and printing that instead, but still have had no success.
      >
      >Any help here would be appreciated.
      >
      >If some computer access parameters need to be changed by our workgroup administrators, let me know this as well.
      >
      >If printing text boxes will never be possible, is there a way to partially lock the PDF documents that what we send out so that comments and stamps are allowed?
      >
      >Thanks.
      >Mike B.
        • 1. Re: Printing Text Boxes
          (Aandi_Inston) Level 1
          > I received a PDF document that contains the basic document plus stamps,
          > text boxes and comments. They all appear on the screen but I can't get
          > the text boxes to print out on the hard copy
          > I've tried using the print settings for "Document", "Document and Markups"
          > and "Document and Stamps" (these are the only three choices I have here).

It's possible that the text boxes (if they are fillable form fields)
          are set to not print.
          >
          > When I use "Print to file", I don't know where the file goes (and I've
          > searched my hard drive and network drives for what I named that file).

Not clear why you would want to print to file or how it would help.
          However, if you do, the location is unpredictable so you should always
          type a complete path name like c:\mydir\file.prn .
          >

Aandi Inston