3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2008 9:54 AM by (Lauren_Rodriguez)

asking for a password?

all of a sudden I am unable to open any of my pdf files without a prompt for an encrypted password? This is my personal computer that I have been using at home for the past 3 years. what the heck?? I don't recall setting up any password to get in and out of my little pdf files? can someone tell me how to find out what the heck my password is? or how to take it completely out ?? thank you for your help, janet
        • 1. Re: asking for a password?
          I have a client who has just reported this behaviour when opening any PDF files, particularly when attempting to open pdf files from web sites. I just downloaded and installed the latest reader (as of 29/05/08) but this has not resolved the issue. I would be interested to hear if you have found a solution?
          • 2. Re: asking for a password?
            john wilkins
            I created a pdf copy of a document I prepared in Pagemaker 7 and sent it to a friend who cannot open it due to a password or security block. I did not add this so I would be pleased if someone could advise how to remove the password?/security as I have tried looking for the answer by going through the various sections of the tool bar but cannot find an easy answer. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated as my friend wants to use the information I have sent but cannot access it at his end.
            • 3. Re: asking for a password?
              I'm having the same problem. I converted our organizations Annual Report to a pdf and posted it on the web. Whenever users with the Vista operating system try to download it, it prompts them for a password. I'd love to get a good answer too.