0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2008 11:39 AM by (Matt_Kutsch)

Save a Copy does %20 not a space

I am working with Adobe files hosted on a web page that have spaces in the file name. What I am trying to do is use the feature attach to e-mail. The problem that I am having is that when I do this I am unable to send this file in my e-mail because it errors says "Unable to open the Temporary file C:\...\File name.pdf " It has the space in the error but if you look at what the attachment is, it has the '%20' for the spaces. If I do a save as on the document it also defaults withe the '%20' in the name. I can get this to work by renaming the file to something with out the '%20' but isn't this something that Adobe Reader should be converting it to a space when saving it from a web page to the computer. I can see that on the pop-up message if you choose to send the link it should have the '%20' because it is linking to a webpage but if it is getting saved on the computer it should be converting the '%20' to spaces. The documents are on a internal corporate web page and it's easy for me to do the name change but I know that there are people out there that are trying to e-mail these .pdf to people and are getting errors because of theses spaces. We are currently trying to come up with a way to covert all our .pdf on the web page to remove the spaces but it's hundreds and could take some time. I was just wondering if there is any kind of setting or if anyone had any suggestions on how to handle this.