I am using Windows 7, Adobe Reader 10.1.2, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 10. Everything is the most current version at this time.
After logging into a website, and clicking on the Adobe PDF file, I get the following error message:
"this computer must be conneted to the network in order to open this document. Connect this computer to the network and try opening the document again."
I have taken the following steps:
1. Verified that Adobe Reader is installed correctly. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it.
2. I can open pdf documents on other websites. So Reader is working correctly.
3. Received the same error message in Internet Explorer and Firefox, so it is not a browser problem
4. Allowed pop-ups for the website that I am having a problem with
5. In Internet Explorer, I added the website to the list of 'Trusted sites' and I unchecked 'Require server verification...'
6. Other people in our office, use this website without a problem.