6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2008 9:29 AM by (Clive_Johnstone)

Printing problems

When i try and print anything from a pdf it prints as if it has zoomed into the document. It looks ok in the print preview but it actually ends up printing less than half of the page. I have absolutely no idea what I have done wrong but any help would be incredibly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Printing problems
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Have you checked the actual size of the document (to do that, mouse over the bottom left corner of the document window). Could be that it's too large to fit on the paper.

If that's the case, in the print menu, you can set the page scaling option to "shrink to printable area".
          • 2. Re: Printing problems
            Level 1
            I just checked that and when I clicked the "shrink to prntable area" it still came out zoomed in...
            • 3. Re: Printing problems
              MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional
              Kerry,

OS? Version of Reader? Printer? Driver? Have you set the page size?

Mike
              • 4. Re: Printing problems
                I installed Reader 8.1.2. When I try to print brokerage statements, no text prints, just the company logo, bar code symbols, etc.
                No stock symbols, dollar amounts, etc. print out. I did go to some other sites, such as irs.gov. and printed out some forms o.k.
                The printer hardware works fine. This is a strange problem. Any ideas?
                Thanks.
                • 5. Re: Printing problems
                  I installed Adobe Reader 8.1.2 some time ago and ever since I cannot seem to print the documents. The error message appears "a drawing error occured", which I understand to mean that the original document was generated on a non -adobe application.
                  I have a MAC OS and am wondering how I can fix this problem. I think it has something to do with the preferences, but where do I start. The only reference to this issue seems to stem from Adobe 7 and from the issues on the support forum, it appears only to have affected Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  Many Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Printing problems
                    Suddenly my Reader (8) refuses to attach to my printer. Up till now no problem printing PDF Files. Have tried to removed adobe so I can reinstall - but it won't allow me to do that either. Any ideas please?