4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2008 10:29 PM by (Hkdigit)

Acrobat Reader 5.05 on Windows Vista

Hello,
      I have spent now a lot of time to find out whether Acrobat Reader 5.05 can run without any problems on a Windows Vista System, but unfortunately without any success. So I hope you can help me on. But maybe I should start from the beginning: We use the Acrobat Reader 5.05 for standalone applications on CD or DVD with a PDF encryption. For this we have adjusted the Acrobat Reader for our purposes. This works fine so far on Windows 95/98/2000/XP but now I have made first tests with Windows Vista and when I start the CD application resp. Acrobat Reader 5.05 I get an incompatibility message. It is possible to click that message away and set the option "Never show this message again" but this seems a bit to simple. I have tested all relevant functions and everything works but just to be sure I want to ask all of you whether you have more informations or ideas about this "incompatibility" and are there special conditions where I can get problem with the constellation Windows Vista and Acrobat Reader 5.05.

Best wishes and thanks in advance