2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2008 6:41 AM by (Shelley_Hall)

Adobe 8.1 won't open any of my files

When I try to open an attachment from my email I get this error msg:
      Adobe Reader could not open beautiful.doc because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't corretcly decoded.) I get this msg. for any file I try to open

Please help me : sweetsunshyne@hotmail.com
        • 1. Re: Adobe 8.1 won't open any of my files
          pwillener Level 8
          Your file associations are wrong; .DOC files open with Word, not Adobe Reader, .PDF files open with Adobe Reader.

I suggest you do a repair install of Microsoft Office (or Word Viewer) in order to repair your file associations.

P.S. it is not a good idea to leave your email address in a public forum, as it will be harvested by spambots.
          • 2. Re: Adobe 8.1 won't open any of my files
            Since I have had Adobe Reader 8.1.2 it has gotten progressively worse. Now I cannot open anything at all with a web link directly.
            I have to copy and paste it to the taskbar so it seems to be interfering a lot.

I cannot delete this version either. It won't allow me to. I tried to download an update but the message I got was "The older version 8.1.2 cannot be removed"

Oh and I used to be able to print Adobe pdf files and now I can't print any type of pdf file at all. My printer just won't play!

HELP SOMEONE PLEASE, it's driving me crazy

Anyone????