1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 2:07 AM by (Marilyn_Cowley)

irrelevant pop-up when opening pdf document.

In Reader 8 I have UNCHECKED
      Edit > Preferences > Internet > Display PDF in browser

To illustrate my question go to http://euler.slu.edu/teaching.html

Click on the link labelled "pdf format". My browser is IE7. The pdf document opens, in Reader 8 on my PC.

Now, with the pdf document still open, click on the link "pdf format" again.

I get a pop-up

File Download

Do you want to save this file?

Name: SuccessinMath.pdf
      Type: Adobe Acrobat Document, 14.7KB

Save Cancel

The file you are downloading cannot be opened by the default program. It is either corrupted or it has an incorrect file type. As a security precaution, it is recommended that you cancel the download. How can I decide what software to open?

This pop-up appears with any pdf document on any website. It is confusing for the students using my website. If the pdf is already open and the link is clicked again, I would prefer nothing to happen. Is there a way to achieve this?

Cheers,
      Brad
        • 1. Re: irrelevant pop-up when opening pdf document.
          I produce a 10 page document in Corel Draw. I am using adobe 8.1 and Windows xp. Whenever I save a document to PDF the PDF document opens with a pop up message that "The font 'ABCDEF+ArialMT,Bold' contains bad/Widths." The letters are always different. It happens in all documents. When I click past this pop up everything is correct with the document. What is causing this? How do I get rid of it? I need help figuring this one out. Marilyn