1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2008 8:09 AM by ~graffiti

Ghost Spaces for Certain Fonts.

I have a generated document, generated in house, where a specific set of text has for lack of a better term ghost spaces. When one highlights the text and copies and pastes, the spaces are there. But the document when being viewed or printed does not have those spaces. For example this text:

BANK OF AMERICA

views and prints like the above text, no kerning or tracking issues with the text or spaces in between. But to search for BANK fails in the reader. Search for B A N K (with spaces) will hit that line.

Here is the internal adobe document text:

0 22 Td (________________________________________________________________________________) Tj
      0 22 Td (From: BANK OF AMERICA) Tj
      /F0 -10 Tf
      0 0 Td ( XXXXXX XXXXXX) Tj
      0 11 Td ( MISC ZZZZZZ GROUP PH: XXX-XXX-XXXX) Tj

As you can see BANK has no spaces in the document code. This seems to only apply to text using this font...other fonts do not have ghost spaces.

Is this a bug with Adobe reader, or is does this generated document have an issues with the font being used which causes spaces for searching and clipboard?

I can provide the document in question to development if needed.

Note using reader version 8.1
        • 1. Re: Ghost Spaces for Certain Fonts.
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >I can provide the document in question to development if needed.

You're not talking to Adobe here, just fellow users but yes, it may be good if you provide a link to the document.

>or is does this generated document have an issues with the font being used which causes spaces for searching and clipboard?

That would be my first guess.

How are you creating the document?