2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2008 8:12 PM by (Alan_C._Brown)

Adobe Reader V7.1.0 update version number problem

My Toshiba satellite Pro M70 laptop (running on WinXP Pro SP3) came with Adober Reader v7.0 installed.

When I first used it to read a pdf document, an Adobe update window popped-up inviting me to download & install the latest version, which I did.

On completion of the installation I found that the Adobe Reader icon on the dektop was still labelled as Adobe Reader 7.0, although in Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, the installed Adobe Reader is listed as Adobe Reader v7.1.0.

I also checked C:/Program Files/Adobe which contains a subfolder named Acrobat 7.0, and NOT Acrobat 7.1.0 as I would have expected.

According to the Acrobat 7.0 folder Properties, the subfolder info is :

Size: 137 MB (144,717,926 Bytes)
      Size on Disk :
      137MB (144,347,136 bytes)
      Contains: 290 Files, 54 Folders
      created: 20 september 2005, 14:14:06

Would appreciate if anyone could advise me whether this difference between the version numbers of the Adober Reader Icon (v7.0) and Acrobat Reader subfolder (v7.0) on the the one hand, and the Add or Remove Program's installed program version number for Adobe Reader (v7.1.0) is normal, and the reason for this difference, or whether on the other hand this difference indicates that there has been a problem with the installation of the Adobe Reader v7.1.0 update.

Thank you

Alan C. Brown