This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
I get the following message when I attemp to use or even remove Adobe Reader 8.1 - "The patch package could not be opened... verify that the patch package exists". I have tried to remove Adobe 8.1 but this same message - any ideas.
Assuminig you both are on Windows, you can use the Microsoft Installer
Cleanup tool to remove the program.
someone please help, i can not update or remove adobe reader
No one reads the post before the one they wrote. Use the Microsoft
Installer Cleanup tool.
Yes, Microsoft Installer Cleanup tool may help
Microsoft Cleanup Tool
1. Open Browser-Type "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility"---
When "results" appears, look for "support,microsoft.com DESCRIPTION OF WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY"---CLICK
2. When page opens, scroll down to "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Package Now" (you can read instructions or not)
3. When "File Download-Security Warnings" box appears, CLICK--"RUN"
4. After download completes, open "PROGRAMS" and look for "WINDOWS INSTALL CLEANUP"--CLICK to open
5. When Box opens, look for the ADOBE READER 8.1.1--CLICK to "HIGHLIGHT" CAUTION-DO NOT HIGHLIGHT ANY OTHER PROGRAM-CAUTION
6. At bottom of box----CLICK---"REMOVE"
7. Go back to-"CONTROL PANEL"-"ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"--Adobe Reader should have been removed
8. Now download newer version 8.1.2 or higher