This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Adobe Reader 1.0 ? Which operating system?
I have the same problem and have Windows XP.
It does not let me print the PDF forms.
How can I get rid of the last update of 7/11/2007.
It is that which does not allow me to download the Adobe 9.
Thanks for any help.
Sorry - XP Pro. Last version of Reader is 7.08
use the directions in this doc to remove the older version and then reinstall the new version:
Tried the things recommended in the document you attached but no joy. Solution 1 -- I could not find the MSI file so I downloaded a new copy of the full 7.0.8 from the web site. It would not install but it did copy files down. I tried doing the update hoping that the missing files would be found but it did not work.
Solution 2 -- removing with appwiz.cpl is the same as using remove/change programs. Downloaded the new stuff, did the configuration but bombed when it tried to delete old version.
Solution 3 -- I do not have a disk except the ones that came from Dell, and that was probably an earlier version and it is unlikely that I can find the needed files on the disk, particularly since I do not know which one(s) are missing.
Solution 4 sounds scary.
Does anyone know what I am missing and where I can copy it from/to?
Solution #4 is easy
1. Open Browser, type in "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility"
When Results appear, look for "support,microsoft.com "DESCRIPTION OF WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY"---"click"
2. When page opens, scroll down to "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Package Now" (you can read instructions or not)
3. When "File Download-Security Warning" box appears---click "RUN"
4. After Download completes--Open "PROGRAMS" on your computer and look for "WINDOWS INSTALL CLEANUP"---"click" to open.
5. When Box opens, look for Adobe Reader you want to delete-----click to highlight CAUTION--DO NOT HIGHLIGHT ANY OTHER PROGRAM--CAUTION
6 At bottom of box---click "REMOVE"
7. Go back to "CONTROL PANEL"-ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"-Adobe Reader should have been removed
8. Now download the Adobe Reader of your choice
Carl, thanks for your tip. I was scared to go that route but you helped me to understand. Hope that York Freund can fix it. I will try that "scary" route.
Finally got to try it -- worked like a champ. Thanks for your help.