A have recently tried out an non-Adobe pdf reader. I decided to revert to Adobe and I uninstalled the non-Adobe reader and reinstalled Acrobat 9. Ever since, I cannot open pdf's *inside* IE. When I open an pdf from the internet it is always opened maximised and in Acrobat, not in IE. I have tried the usual advice:
1) I made sure that there are no other Acrobat versions installed.
2) I made sure that there is absolutely nothing left of the non-Adobe pdf reader.
3) I made sure that the "Displayed pdf in browser" is ticked.
4) I even followed the Adobe technote on this issue which advises one to modify the windows registry.
5) I reset 'IE explorer settings' on the 'Advanced' under 'Internet Options'
6) I tried all of the above with various sequences and rebooted inbetween.
I am using IE7 on Vista Vista Home Basic which I diligently update.
Same problem here - also, now Quicken's statement viewer opens Reader automatically instead of showing the PDF inside its window. I believe that's because their viewer's actually an instance of IE - so, since IE's doing this, Quicken is too. I really don't like this, I want it back the way it was! I'm sure there's a registry solution for this, but these posts are all I've been able to google so far ---- some pointers, please??