2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 3:07 AM by vgoncalves88

Acrobat Pro 9 Extended?

Ok, I've been asking a lot of questions on this forum for a while, and now have another one. My boss has asked me to create a form-our company does document imaging, meaning we scan paper and help companies go paperless. One area in which we'd like to move is the area which helps companies stay paperless. We'd like to provide the service of creating forms that can be filled out electronically and signed electronically. The form I've created is for a medical practice.
      I've learned through countless posts on these forums that you can't save a form you filled out in the free Reader even if you created it in Acrobat, which is unfortunate, as we would like to give this form to this medical practice and have them be able to use the free Reader to fill it out and save it (we will probably be giving it to the various doctors they have working there). I know that you can extend the capabilities of an Adobe Form using LiveCycle Reader Extensions, but I'm also aware that the Reader Extensions is quite pricey.
      My question is this. I've heard things about Acrobat Pro, version 9. I've also heard there's an Extended version of Acrobat Pro 9 that includes LiveCycle Design ES. Could this be what we need to extend the capabilities of a form filled out in Reader? I think we'd be more comfortable selling them this version of Acrobat, as I'm sure it's far less pricey than the Reader Extensions.
      We'd also like to be able to electronically sign the form in Reader, but again, we can't do that right now with Reader.
      Is Acrobat Pro 9 Extended what we need?
        • 1. Re: Acrobat Pro 9 Extended?
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >I've also heard there's an Extended version of Acrobat Pro 9 that includes LiveCycle Design ES. Could this be what we need to extend the capabilities of a form filled out in Reader?

No. You already know what your options are. They haven't changed. Pro can grant Reader users the ability to save but it has a limit to the amount of uses per form that generally won't work for business use.

>Is Acrobat Pro 9 Extended what we need?

You need the pricey LiveCycle Extensions for Reader.
          • 2. NEED HELP
            vgoncalves88

Good morning,

I wonder if I can help .... I know you can accomplish in a PDF document which anyone that open when you click in the defined area can open an image ... I could put all the options for forms but I can not put the option to insert photo! Someone help me?

Thanks

VÍTOR GONÇALVES