Using the latest version of Adobe reader professional I find that about 50% of PDF files print properly until some random point were each and every character is replaced by the one after it in the ASCII character set. This means that my name "Craig" will then appear as "Dsbjh". There is some suggestion that this is triggered by blocks of text underneath figures (virtually all the PDF files I tried to print are generated by professional publishing operations producing academic journals these are refereed research articles). In all cases the files view perfectly satisfactorily and attempting to save the file locally and then print with a standalone version of the reader (rather than the one that is connected via the mozzarella Web browser) produces the same result.
The net effect is that printing PDF files on my machine is virtually impossible.
Many pdfs for journal articles are produced by TeX and frequently
converted to pdf via Ghostscript. You can try to print as image and see
if that helps. If not please post a url of a troublesome file for us to