2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2008 1:02 PM by (dnash)

Reader 9 conflicting with forms made in Livecycle 8

I created a very simple, basic form in Livecycle (pdf background of logo and large sized text with a text field and date field), saved it as a pdf, opened it in acrobat 8 just fine. When I tried to open it in Reader 8 to test it, it refused to use reader and would only open it in Acrobat. Pointless! So, I upgraded Reader to 9. Apparently a huge mistake. I can still open it in Acrobat 8 and see the fields and everything seems fine.

When I open it in Reader 9 (even after saving again in Livecycle), I get a message saying "This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact he author of the original version of this document."

This message happens with a brand-new, spanking fresh form. I read that 9 basically corrupts the form if you type in it and save it. You then can't revise what you've typed. However, I'm not even given the opportunity to type and corrupt it. It's just not showing the fields or allowing any use of the form as a form.

Any suggestions on fixing this mess???? Thanks for your help....
        • 1. Re: Reader 9 conflicting with forms made in Livecycle 8
          Level 1
          Excuse me, I forgot another part of this. Now, when I try to open the previous form in Livecycle, I get this message:
          "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running can not be used to view PDF files in a Web Browser. Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 8 or 9 is required. Please exit and try again."

Um, yeah. Since I have Acrobat 8 and Reader 9, I have no idea where the spaztastic behavior originated.

Should I just be uninstalling 9 and searching the net for 8?
          • 2. Re: Reader 9 conflicting with forms made in Livecycle 8
            Level 1
            Finally got it. Uninstall 9 and reinstall 8. Makes the forms much happier and just seems to work all the way around. I can type in the form, save in reader and reopen in reader and edit again. This is not possible in 9.

I would not advising upgrading to 9 for any reason, especially if you want to be able to make forms!