3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 3:34 AM by (MikeThys)

Problem reading pdf using AxInterop.AcroPDFLib

Hi,

I'm currently using AxInterop.AcroPDFLib with C# in a winform application.

Purpose is to display PDF files in my application. Thoose files are located on a share directory.

Everything works fine, the program is installed on multiple pc that display the file at the same time without problem.

BUT, when i open the same PDF file on a computer using acrobat pdf reader, i can't open the same file using the AxInterop.AcroPDFLib dll.

After some deep search on the files, on the servers, ... it seems to be linked with file locking.
      Let me explain :

when the file is opened by the AxInterop.AcroPDFLib dll, no lock appears on the server ( share directory ) or at least it appears and is released in the same second.

when i open the PDF file via acrobat reader, the lock is set, and remain until i close the file in the pdf reader.

which means that when someone open a file, all the computer using the AxInterop.AcroPDFLib ares blocked and can't start reading the file.

Is there a way to configure the AxInterop.AcroPDFLib to allow reading on locked files (locked for reading)

Thanks

Mike