0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2008 9:02 AM by (LeeAnn_Sumner)

Copy/Paste difference in newer versions

Hello, I developed some problems with my Acrobat Standard 7.0 install when trying to update to 7.1 (it wasn't recognizing my CS2 install disk as the correct source disk it was requesting) so in the mean time I downloaded the latest version so I could access PDF files. I do a lot of copying and pasting from my professors' Powerpoint notes that have been coverted to PDF. In 7.0 I could select all the content, copy and paste into Word and the breaks between each slide did not copy over (which is what I want).

Now with the newer version the page breaks come along with the copied content, and I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. When I turn on display of formatting symbols in Word I see a small black square where these hard page breaks are, and nothing I do seems to make them go away short of pasting the content into a plain text editor then pasting into Word, but I lose all other formatting that way as well which isn't working for me either.

Should I just hunt around for a download of the 7.0 version of the free reader, or was this functionality related to having the full version?

Thanks!!