2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2008 9:26 AM by michaeledwards07

video target

michaeledwards07
      I have DW MX and I'm trying to get a video to play in a specific location. How do I specify the target?
        • 1. Re: video target
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional
          I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking. But if you want a video to play in a window as your summary suggests, then you are probably having all videos play in that new window, the only difference being what window. If this is the case then what you need is a script to pass a variable to the next page so that the page knows which video to open. If this is the case we would need to know what language you have available to you on your server. If you do not know the answer to this question, this would be something that you would need to ask your web hosting provider.
          • 2. Re: video target
            michaeledwards07 Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. I guess I needed to be more specific. I have a page where I have several buttons (.jpg's) that are representative of the video they are to play. I'm trying to get the videos to play on that page without opening a new page-just in a specific place on that page-like in upper middle below the banner. So no matter what video button you click on the represented video will play in the upper middle of the page. Does that make more sense. I think that is the "Target" but I don't know how to write the code for that target. Any direction you can give would be appreciated.
            Thanks