5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2002 10:47 AM by (Just_van_Rossum)

FDK 1.5 update coming soon

Thomas Phinney Level 3
      There will be an update of the FDK released at ATypI next Thursday. The new version should be online around the same time or not long after.

New features:

- CompareFamily now works on TrueType fonts

- Unicode encoding can be independent of glyph names

- various bug fixes
        • 1. Re: FDK 1.5 update coming soon
          In article <1de5b8a6.-1@WebX.la2eafNXanI>,<br /> "Thomas Phinney" <tphinney@adobe.com> wrote:<br /><br />> New features: <br />> <br />> - CompareFamily now works on TrueType fonts <br /><br />Ha, does that mean I was just in time with my TTX 2.0b1 (*) release? ;-)<br /><br />See you next week,<br /><br />Just<br /><br />*) for those of you not on any of the lists I announced it to, here it <br />is: http://fonttools.sourceforge.net/
          • 2. Re: FDK 1.5 update coming soon
            Level 1
            Yes, it does. The last TTF-related bugs in CompareFamily were fixed using your FontTools release from the day before, Sept 13th! I particularly appreciated being able to select a folder full of Mac suitcase files of TrueType fonts,, and have it work without any development effort on my part.
            • 3. Re: FDK 1.5 update coming soon
              Thomas Phinney Level 3
              For those not "in the know," those last couple of messages refer to the fact that Adobe's FDK makes use of Just's "FontTools" library. Thanks, Just!

T
              • 4. Re: FDK 1.5 update coming soon
                Level 1
                In article <1de5b8a6.2@WebX.la2eafNXanI>,<br /> "Thomas Phinney" <tphinney@adobe.com> wrote:<br /><br />> For those not "in the know," those last couple of messages refer to the fact <br />> that Adobe's FDK makes use of Just's "FontTools" library. Thanks, Just! <br /><br />Hey, no problem. I'm glad that at least one major corporation finds it <br />useful ;-)<br /><br />Just
                • 5. Re: FDK 1.5 update coming soon
                  "Read Roberts" <rroberts@adobe.com> wrote in message<br />news:1de5b8a6.1@WebX.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Yes, it does. The last TTF-related bugs in CompareFamily were fixed using<br />your FontTools release from the day before, Sept 13th! I particularly<br />appreciated being able to select a folder full of Mac suitcase files of<br />TrueType fonts,, and have it work without any development effort on my part.<br /><br />Oh, I never realized that FDK makes direct use of FontTools! I just thought<br />FontTools are bundled "just for fun".<br /><br />Adam