4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2005 8:18 PM by (Read_Roberts)

    FDK resulting in font with no names...

    Level 1
      i thought i had done it right, but i keep getting an OTF with only the PS Font name. I set up my fontinfo doc like this:

      FontName (P22CezannePro-Regular)
      IsWindowsBold false
      IsItalicStyle false

      and the relevant (or so i thought) portion of my FontMenuDB doc thus:

      [P22CezannePro-Regular]
      f=P22 Cezanne Pro
      s=Regular
      c=P22 Cezanne Pro
      c=1,P22 Cezanne Pro

      what am i missing?

      Paul Hunt
        • 1. Re: FDK resulting in font with no names...
          Level 1
          This looks just fine to me.
          Are you getting any error messages in the output log, as in:
          "makeotflib [WARNING] not in Font Menu Name database [TrumpMediaevalLTStd-Roman]"

          Are the line-endings right for the platform in the FonMenutDB file?

          Is the font DB file being found ? ( you can look in the file "current.fpr" to see what used in the last run)
          • 2. Re: FDK resulting in font with no names...
            Level 1
            yes, i did get the warning "makeotflib [WARNING] not in Font Menu Name database [P22CezannePro]"

            I don't know what you mean by line-endings.

            I can't find the current.fpr to see if the DB is being found.

            Paul
            • 3. Re: FDK resulting in font with no names...
              Level 1
              okay, i found my .fpr. still can't get it to work. any ideas?
              • 4. Re: FDK resulting in font with no names...
                Level 1
                The .fpr file should tell you what FontmenDB file is being used. The error message means what it says: makeotf it is not finding the PS name for your font in FontMEnuDB file in use. Several possibilities:
                1) the PS name in the FontMenuNameDB file is different
                2) the syntax is not correct, so it is not recognized. If you are working on more than one platform, you can get a file with Unix line-endings being processed in a Mac Classic environment, or vice-versa. In this case the "return" character, aka new line char, aka line-ending is a different character code on one environment than the other, and if it is not matched to the environment, then the file will look like one line with no new-lines to a tools. You might also have accidentally entered an invisible character ny accoident with a keywboard control sequence - rare, but possible.
                3) the wrong FontMenuNameDB file is being used. If you are using the command-line version of makeotf, then use the option to specify the fontMenuNameDB file you want.