Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download OpenType Fonts to printer's filesystem

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2006 Feb 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I want to download my OpenType Font to the printer's filesystem in order to don´t send it each time a job is printed. Does anybody have an idea of what I need to do? I know I need to process the internal font tables and then create a different file with the processed data. The font I have has the postscript outlines (CFF table), does this mean I need to convert the CFF data to a type1 PS font? or Do I only need to extract the CFF binary data and send it as it is?

I hope anybody could have the right directions to achieve that.

Thanks....
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2006 Feb 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, the when the PostScript printer driver generates a PostScript print stream, it converts the CFF table of an OpenType PS into a Type 1 font. I don't think even PostScript 3 supports CFF directly, so I guess you should do the same what the PostScript printer driver does: extract the CFF table and convert it to Type 1. The free Adobe FDK for OpenType (AFDKO) toolkit can do this.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll try that one, thanks for the tip!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the AFDKO's CFFChecker program, but i get the following error each time I want to run it:

"File "F:\Tools\AFDK\FDK1.6-Win4\Tools\Programs\tx\exe\CFFChecker.py", line 46, in ?
from txlib import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module can not be found."

What does the error mean? I followed the installation instructions, I repeated the installation process but it did not work. What else can I do?...

Thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2006 Feb 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In the current version of the FDK for Windows., the CFFChecker is broken - a required code resource is missing. A new version of the FDK will be out within the next two or three weeks, with this fixed. If this is urgent, I can e-mail you a copy of the ;"tx.exe. program, a stand-alone command-line program for which the CFFChecker is a UI wrapper. Send me an e-mail at rroberts@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines