2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2008 6:47 AM by (Dustin_Brown)

Change Render Complate Sound

Just for fun, I'd like to change my render complete sound from the default chime to something else. I did some poking around, and found this article:

http://www.toolfarm.com/tutorials/rndrsnd.html

...but I'm using AFX 7.0 on Windows XP, and there doesn't seem to be a prefs folder anywhere. I've looked in the following locations:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 7.0

C:\Documents and Settings\use name\Application Data\Adobe\After Effects\7.0

And I've also done a search for "rnd_okay.wav" on my C drive and nothing is turning up.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, is there a way to add a render complete sound to Premiere?

Thanks,
      Dustin
        • 1. Re: Change Render Complate Sound
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8
          > ...but I'm using AFX 7.0 on Windows XP, and there doesn't seem to
          > be a prefs folder anywhere.

There's no preferences folder. There's a preferences file, though.

But why bother looking for the preferences file?

Just place the sound files in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Adobe\After Effects\7.0

> And I've also done a search for "rnd_okay.wav" on my C drive
          > and nothing is turning up.

There isn't a default file with this name. Such a file exists only if you've put it there.

The instructions to do this are in the "About rendering and exporting" section of After Effects CS3 Help on the Web. Here's the relevant part for you convenience:

"A chime plays when all items in the render queue have been rendered and exported; a different noise plays if a render operation fails. You can replace the render-complete sounds on Windows by placing files named rnd_okay.wav and rnd_fail.wav in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Adobe\After Effects\8.0 ."
          • 2. Re: Change Render Complate Sound
            Level 1
            Thanks Todd. Too kind.

-Dustin