2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 1:16 AM by Mylenium

Wacom tablet driver.

shooternz Level 6
      On occasion AEFX and P.S tell me (via a series of small error message windows) that I need to reinstall my Wacom Tablet Driver.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.

Anyone know something about this weirdness?
        • 1. Re: Wacom tablet driver.
          akribie Level 2
          Under XP Pro SP3 and using the latest drivers (one out recently), I have never had any issues from Wacom.
          • 2. Re: Wacom tablet driver.
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            This is a bug in the driver itself that has been long-standing. In my experience there are two things that can cause this:

- If your monitor exceeds a certain resolution or the driver cannot auto-detect the size of the projection area (= window size of a non-fullscreen app) it will throw these errors.
            - If your program supports pressure-sensitive drawing, you may get this error if the tablet is not active during startup of the program for auto-calibration, i.e. you are not using the tablet as the default input device, but only for painting.

I get it with 3D programs like modo as well. The 6.0x revisions of the driver should no6t show the issue any more, though, so maybe try re-installing the driver. Just uninstall the old one completely beforehand or you#ll end up with a completely defunct tablet. I also always needed two runs of the installer with a system restart inbetween. A bit hairy, but should work.

Mylenium