2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 7:12 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Full list of Keyboard shortcuts?

RuesterProd Level 1
      Where can I find a complete list of Keyboard Shortcuts for After Effects 7.0 ? (and possibly Premiere CS2 if you'd like to throw that in your answer as well)

I've visited the keyboard shortcuts section of After Effects Help, but it is broken up into chunks, and doesn't seem to be complete - I would love to find the be-all end-all list of default shortcuts for them. I tried a search in the knowledgebase, but came up nil.

Basically I'm looking for more shortcuts for moving around my timeline like moving the cursor to the in/out-point of a layer within the timeline, etc. and more

Thanks all
        • 1. Re: Full list of Keyboard shortcuts?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          in point --> i
          out point --> o

These are certainly also in the LiveDocs/ Help. I can't remember exactly, but the printed folding cards once included in every AE package were also always available as PDFs on the discs, so if you can dig it up, it might be exactly what you need. I also vaguely remember an alternate list as an PDF, maybe for foreign languages or as part of a book, but I cannot provide the specifics...

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Full list of Keyboard shortcuts?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8
            > Where can I find a complete list of Keyboard Shortcuts for After
            > Effects 7.0 ? (and possibly Premiere CS2 if you'd like to throw that
            > in your answer as well)
            >
            > I've visited the keyboard shortcuts section of After Effects Help,
            > but it is broken up into chunks, and doesn't seem to be complete - I
            > would love to find the be-all end-all list of default shortcuts for
            > them. I tried a search in the knowledgebase, but came up nil.

The keyboard shortcuts section of After Effects 7 Help was only about half complete. The "Keyboard shortcuts" section of After Effects CS4 Help on the Web is 100% complete. So is the CS3 section. The shortcuts haven't changed much from one version to the next, so you should be able to use these later documents for After Effects 7 in this context.

Here's the search that I used to find the section on navigating in time: Click this to execute a search that finds the shortcuts for moving in time.

Regarding your criticism about the list being broken into chunks: I think that you'd find it much harder to find anything in a list of 800 items that was not broken into chunks.

BTW, be careful what you ask for when you ask for printed shortcut reference cards. There are nearly 800 keyboard shortcuts in After Effects. Printing these all takes many, many pages. So a printed card is necessarily only a subset. And then people get confused and assume that those are all of the keyboard shortcuts, and we get peppered with feature requests for shortcuts that already exist.