9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2009 8:40 AM by Todd_Kopriva

XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12

Shawn Lance Level 1
      OK, Im trying to use the Export XFL feature from AE CS4 to Flash CS4. My AE Comp is about 8 layers, no effects just simple motion via position and scale changes no audio. Im working at 900x600 which is what the final .swf needs to be. When I try to export, I get the now famous

After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin
      There is a mismatch between Output Module settings and Transcode Settings. Please verify your settings and try again. Property Data Invalid!
      Error 5027:12

By switching the setting in the XLF Export dialogue box from .FLV to .PNG I can export and open my AE project in Flash but, the final file size is huge due to my vector art being raster-ized in the .png conversion.

Is my file size presenting the problem here? If I have to change it, is there a scale ( ratio) I need to go by?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
          Level 1
          Have you tried hitting the Reset to Defaults button to see if you still get the error? This error normally occurs when there is a size mismatch, but I can't cause it to happen. Please post a stripped down version of you project and we can see what is going on.
          • 2. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
            Shawn Lance Level 1
            Hey Christopher. Thanks for taking a look at this for me. I tried the reset - no luck there.
            I've strip this down to almost nothing and still get the error.
            Forgot to mention before, I'm on on PC using Master CS4.

http://www.oobamedia.com/Test_Animation_File.zip
            ( if there is a better way to attached a file in the forums or for whatever reason you cannot open it let me know and I'll try it again )
            Thanks,
            Shawn
            • 3. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
              Level 1
              OK. I don't like the answer, but I have a workaround for you.

The way XFL export works, is that it wants to preserve as much fidelity as possible. Since you only have basic animation on your layers, they will stay around in flash with the animation. But since Flash does PSD layer separation on import, not when they open XFL files, we need to convert PSD files to something that can be embedded in an xfl file.

The error you are seeing is when we are attempting to convert any of the layers from small.psd to flv. The flv exporter has a limit of 1080 by 1080. Since your layer size is 1200 by 1136 it is failing. This error should have been reported earlier, I'm sorry it wasn't and this was so difficult to diagnose.

By making your PSD smaller than 1080 in any dimension it will work.
              • 4. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
                Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee
                Thanks for posting the comp. The problem is the dimensions of the PSD layers in the comp. (In your original post you dropped the last line or the error, which specifies the problem: "Frame dimensions out of bounds".)

I'm not sure why this is. I suspect that the 1200x1136 dimensions exceed an internal limit in the Flash Video format.
                EDIT - After a little experimentation, the largest dimensions that FLV appears to accept is 1921h x 1081w. (ie., HD 1080p plus one pixel.)

One way you could work around this would be to force After Effects to render the layers at the comp dimensions. An easy way to do this is apply any effect to the layer. (To prevent the effect from changing the pixels, choose an effect that you can zero out, like Fast Blur.) This, however, will limit your ability to manipulate the layers in Flash, as their visible pixels will be limited to what appears inside the comp bounds in After Effects.

Given the structure of your comp, however, I'd recommend sticking with the PNG format. The FLV layers won't necessarily be better, they'll just be more compressed. Your vector art is still going to be rasterized to pixels before After Effects converts it to FLV. You can keep the overall PNG file size down if you can combine layers by pre-composing. (Note that this will also have the effect of rasterizing them at the comp dimensions.) Whether or not this will be effective depends on how you intend to animate the layers in Flash.
                • 5. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
                  Shawn Lance Level 1
                  All I can say is WOW. Thanks for the effort you guys. I did a quick run through ( starting back in Photoshop File > Scripts > Export Layers As .PNG's and making sure everything was sized correctly this time ), quickly re-did the animation in After Effects, then did the XFL export and it worked great. With the extra time you guys bought me Im going to go back now and experiment a little with pre-composing those png's to see if I can get the file size down. But really, as it stands now, it's good to go - just need to add my Flash interactivity.
                  Christopher, Tim - thanks a ton, you guys rock!
                  • 6. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
                    Thanks Chris,

I'm having a very similar problem with After Effects CS4.

After failing to render as an .flv I resized all my images to 1024 and re-built the animation in After Effects CS4. But again I get the error:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin:
                    There is a mismatch between Output Module settings and Transcode
                    Settings. Please verify your settings and try again.
                    Property Data Invalid!
                    MediaIO2 error: 0x400e004
                    Frame dimensions out of bounds

(5027 :: 12)

On another forum I read:

>Where you select the video codec, below it is a stretch box, >checkmark it and it will ungrey height and width, set them to same >numbers as adobe encoder settings.

I've ticked the stretch box, they are the same values as my animation but I still get exactly the same error. Could you tell me where I find the Adobe encoder settings? My animation is 433 x 26.

I have tried rendering this animation 23 times and spent the past 7 hours on the net trying to find a solution. Your help would be much appreciated. I never thought creating an .flv could be quite this difficult. I am at the end of my strength and loosing the will to live.

I have sucessfully output this animation as a .mov a .f4v and an .avi with no problem its just when I try to make an .flv

Property Data Invalid!

• 7. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
                      Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                      >433 x 26

Change the res to 432 or 434 and it may work. Block-based compression algorithms prefer values that are always even multiples of 2/4/8/16/32. Though, and that's the weird part, in your case the encoder itself should either have cropped automatically or added a black 1 pixel border on one side...

Mylenium
                      • 8. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
                        I"m having the same problem!

Property Data Invalid!

I'm trying to export my project as an FLV and my project has to be 1280 x 640. I'm using after effects CS4 and i don't understand where the check box is or how to fix this problem at all!. Where can i find the encoder settings and where can i change the res? ahh.

My deadline is this afternoon, pleaseeee help mee. :(
                        • 9. Re: XFL Export Mis Match Error 5027:12
                          Todd_Kopriva Level 8
                          Azadeh,

You're posting this question about FLV export on a thread about XFL export, so the solutions proposed here are not exactly for your issue. For the sake of keeping this thread on topic, I recommend that you post your question on a thread about problems with FLV export. When you do so, please give exact details of what steps you're taking to render and export so that we know where to help you.